You can update or make changes to the personal information on your Emirates ID. The request, however, can only be made in person by going to the immigration authority centre.
However, there are a few things you need to bear in mind before making the request.
Update your residence visa
“Prior to making any modifications to the Emirates ID, you must first make adjustments to the data on your resident visa. This is so that whatever information provided in the residency visa must also appear on the Emirates ID, as they are linked, according to Shafiq Muhammad, Chief Supervisor at Horizon Gate Government Transactions Center.
The Emirate that issued your visa will determine how you proceed.
How Dubai residents can change the information on their Emirates ID
1. Update your visa information for residence
You must first submit your request to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai if you hold a visa for Dubai. This procedure can be finished in one of three ways.
– Go to gdrfa.gov.ae and choose the “Data Amendment for Residency Visa” service if you want to finish the process online.
You can use this to edit your full name, job title, or passport photo. For a detailed instruction on how to modify the information on your Dubai residency visa, go here.
– Alternately, you can finish this step by going to an Amer centre with your passport, Emirates ID, and any other paperwork necessary to support your change request. For instance, you would need to produce your attested marriage certificate and passport information if you wanted to alter your last name after getting married.
– Another option would be to attend a local typing centre, which would simplify the procedure. The typing centre will assist you with amending your resident visa information as well as the subsequent procedural step of upgrading your Emirates ID.
2. You should update your Emirates ID
Take the revised resident visa and your old Emirates ID to one of the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) customer happiness centres after the details on your residence visa have been changed with the new visa issued by GDRFA:
Al Ghazal mall, Al Rashidiya, and Al Barsha
Apply at the centre to update your Emirates ID. ICP will process your request and issue a new Emirates ID with the changed details after examining the data on the resident visa.
Cost: Dh350 (including service fee and courier charges)
To read our blog on “After expelling 80 Pakistanis, Dubai announces new travel policies,” click here