When it comes to internet video and music streaming, YouTube is undoubtedly a frontrunner. But not everyone has constant access to the internet, so YouTube added the option to download videos for offline viewing.
However, keeping videos saved for offline viewing can eat up a lot of storage space on your device, so it’s important to restrict how much data can be downloaded at once. The app also lets you restrict how much space your downloads from YouTube can use.
Here, we’ll show you how to configure your computer to store videos from YouTube.
A portable media player with access to YouTube on it
Have enough space on your gadget
You have the most recent update of the YouTube app.
- Launch the YouTube mobile app on your device.
- Select your profile photo or the menu button (three vertical dots) in the upper right.
- Next, choose “Settings” from the menu that appears.
- Select “Downloads” from the “Settings” menu.
- After that, find “Storage Limit” and click it.
- Set a maximum size for downloads to avoid running out of space. Whether or if you have storage space limitations will determine your selections.
- To permanently set your desired storage limit, click the “Apply” button.
In just a few easy steps, you can control how much space on your device is used for downloads. If you’re downloading a lot of videos but don’t have a lot of space, this is a great option.
In order to watch your favorite videos offline without worrying about running out of space on your device, you may set a storage restriction. It’s important to remember that you may always adjust the storage limit in the same way in the future.
Limiting the amount of space YouTube can take up on your device is a great method to watch your favorite videos offline without having to delete any of them. Setting a storage limit and managing your downloads in a way that works for you is as simple as following the instructions explained in this article.
To read our article about “Slack discussion; how to find entries of specified dates” click here.