Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has extended the closing date of registering 2nd IMEI by way of Sept 15, 2019.
Earlier PTA requested all the dual sim, cellular cellphone users, to register the 2nd IMEI of their telephones till Aug 31. International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) is a wide variety issued to every cell cellphone device. Every twin sim smartphone has two exceptional IMEI numbers given to it at the time of manufacturing.
PTA has been registering all the cell cellphone devices operating in the country, after the first attempt, they realized that cell cellphone customers with dual sim capability are only registering one IMEI wide variety of the device. So they started some other marketing campaign formerly this month to register the second IMEI number.
In a public notice, PTA announced the extension in the closing date and also explained the process to register the units which have one IMEI registered and 2nd IMEI no longer registered.
Procedure to Register Second IMEI:
- The subject of the email should be “One Slot Registered 2nd Slot Not Registered“
- Screenshot of the device showing all IMEI numbers
- One CNIC copy attached to the email
- Contact details of the applicant
- or you can just dial *#06# from your phone.
- Either send that IMEIs one by one on 8484 in a text message or
- open PTA Website to check online.
- There is an app for android users too.