In an effort to make privacy settings on its platform extra transparent, Google has introduced a new characteristic that approves customers to set limits for how long the company can shop the statistics it collects from customers on-line activity.
Google in order to customise and enhance the app journey for all users, gather records or statistics like user’s search records and other interactions in Google services. The saved data may also include the Chrome records and information from other websites and purposes that use Google’s services, in case you have enabled that feature.
But now not anybody is blissful with the truth that Google is retaining a record of their on line activity. With this new feature, you can pick out sure settings for Google to mechanically delete your records accumulated from web and app activity, after a time span of three or 18 months. Before this feature was announced, customers had to manually delete their data from the Google app’s settings section.
The following steps will help you to discover this new characteristic and change the settings in accordance to your desire.
- Log in to your Google account, click your profile photo in the top right corner of the Google homepage.
- Click on the “Data & Personalization” option on the left-hand column.
- Choose “Web & App Activity,” and then choose “Manage Activity.”
- Click on the “Choose to delete automatically” button.
- Select either “Keep for 18 months or for 3 months” depending on your preference. Your activity data will be deleted after the selected time period.
In case you are an Android user;
- Launch the Settings app and choose “Google”.
- Tap on the “Google Account” option.
- Choose “Data & Personalization.”
- Select “Web & App Activity.”
- Click on the “Manage activity” tab.
- Then select “Choose to delete automatically” and select a time limit of three months or 18 months.
For iPhone users;
- Launch the Gmail app on your mobile
- Tap “Settings” option on the main menu. (You can also access this menu by tapping three horizontal lines stacked on top of one another in the top left corner).
- Tap on your email address at the top of the screen.
- Choose “Manage your Google account” option.
- Then select “Data & Personalization” and follow the same steps as mentioned above in the Android section.