The minister told a press conference in Islamabad that the cost of the next Hajj 2024 has been reduced compared to the previous one for the first time in history.
The Saudi government has allocated 179,000 Hajj seats to Pakistan, which will be distributed equally between government and private schemes.
Applicants can select from three different Hajj packages based on their needs.
Here, we will go over everything you need to know before applying for Hajj 2024:
Basic Services of Hajj 2024
Pilgrims will be provided with the following fundamental necessities under the government Hajj 2024 scheme:
- Training for Hajj
- Medical facilities in Saudi Arabia
- Two-way flight tickets
- Complete transport
- 5-litres of Zamzam
Package for a Long Hajj
Pilgrims will spend up to 42 days as part of the long hajj package, including eight days in Madina.
Those leaving from the southern parts, Karachi, Quetta, and Sukkur, will pay Rs. 1,065,000 for Hajj, while those leaving from the northern parts will pay Rs. 1,075,000.
The sponsorship scheme is for Pakistanis living in other countries who must pay in US dollars.
They can also nominate someone else to represent them.
The fees for those traveling from the northern and southern regions are $3,800 and $3,765, respectively.
Short Hajj Package
The government has introduced a short hajj package that can be completed in as little as 25 days.
It will cost approximately Rs. 80,000 more than the standard Hajj package.
The short hajj package will cost Rs. 1,140,000 for those in the south and Rs. 1,150,000 for those in the north.
The sponsorship scheme will cost $4,015 for the first region and $4,050 for the second.
Guidelines for Applicants
- Applicants holding a CNIC issued by NADRA and passports valid until December 16, 2024, are eligible to apply. A passport application token will also be accepted.
- To select a package and enter your details, please visit the Ministry’s website or contact a designated bank. However, it is mandatory to deposit the Hajj application along with the expenses at any designated bank.
- It is mandatory to select the same Hajj package for all members of a group. The package cannot be changed during the stay in Saudi Arabia.
- Men and women who have performed Hajj between 2017 and 2023 are not eligible to apply, except for those men who wish to accompany women, who haven’t performed Hajj during this period, as per Mehram. However, the Sponsorship Scheme is exempt from this restriction.
- According to the recommendations of the Islamic Ideology Council, women can perform Hajj without their male guardian on the condition that they give an affidavit that:
- Female pilgrims have the permission of their parents/husband.
- They are part of a women’s group.
- They are not concerned about any potential disturbances or dangers that may arise during their Hajj pilgrimage.
Reserved Seats Under Sponsorship Hajj Scheme
- It is mandatory for pilgrims over the age of 80 to be accompanied by an attendant.
- 25,000 seats have been reserved for the Sponsorship Hajj Scheme on a “first-come, first-served” basis. The remaining seats are reserved for the Regular Hajj Scheme, which will be decided on the basis of a draw.
- For the Sponsorship Hajj Scheme, it is mandatory to send the name, ID card, and contact details of the Hajj pilgrim along with the amount in the Ministry’s dollar account in Pakistani banks from abroad.
- Departure for Hajj is subject to a fitness certificate. Overseas Pakistanis should submit a medical fitness certificate issued from abroad or submit a simple affidavit on a plain page at the bank stating that they are healthy and will obtain a medical fitness certificate from Pakistan after reaching Pakistan and before their Hajj flight.
Application Submissions Date
The Ministry of Religious Affairs has announced that applications will be accepted from November 27 to December 12. The Hajj draw date will be announced later.
To read our blog on “Next year’s Hajj will be more cheaper, Hajj 2024 policy,” click here.