The largest tech event on the continent, GITEX AFRICA, will bring together IT giants, governments, SMEs, start-ups, developers, investors, and academia to accelerate, collaborate, and explore new business opportunities. It will be held from 31st May till June 2nd at Marrakech, Morocco.
During the three-day annual pan-African summit in Marrakech, Morocco, a selection of emerging technologies, including fintech, e-commerce, cloud, IoT, AI, telecom, and cybersecurity, will be strongly featured.
The GITEX Africa will help to shape the vision for a more sustainable, inclusive, and technologically advanced digital economy by releasing the boundless potential of the world’s youngest continent.
GITEX AFRICA will highlight the digital aspirations and successes of the continent, which are being driven by tech-savvy youth, innovative businesses, and aspirational governments.
GITEX Africa. limitless opportunities!
Africa, which currently has 1.4 billion people and is expected to have 2.5 billion by 2050, is most known for its youthful population, with 70% of sub-Saharan Africa’s population being under 30.
One of the fastest-growing, most promising innovation and startup ecosystems in the world has resulted from this sizable market of technologically literate and computer-savvy individuals.
- 1 in 6 of world’s internet users are based in Africa by 2025
- $180 Billion by 2025 projected value of Africa’s internet economy, more than $1 MILLION start-up funding raised every two hours
- $115 Billion to $712 Billion tech investments … Tech investment to rocket in next 25 years
- 1 in 3 of new mobile subscribers globally will be from sub-saharan africa
- 80% of $100 billion investment in broadband core infrastructure investments of 250 km of fibre and 4g/5g base stations
- $30.3 billion by 2025 Africa’s fintech revenue flourishing fintech at 8x higher than in 2020
The international entryway to Africa is Morocco
As a worldwide hub that connects 80 international cities and spans the EMEA region, which has a combined population of 2.5 billion people.
Morocco has long been a popular travel destination, holding a sizable foreign community and boasting a welcoming business environment that places it fifth globally in terms of competition for IT R&D and first among 141 nations in terms of inflation stability.
- Accessible … to a combined population of nearly 2.5 billion people (EMEA).
- Connected … with 98% mobile penetration, outperforming the 80% global average.
- Investing … more than 50% of Morocco’s Foreign Direct Investment is geared toward Africa.
- Modernizing … where 58,000 new businesses emerged in 2021.
- Mobilizing … $331 million to support local startups in 2022.
To read our blog on “GITEX 2022 achieves an economic output record of $698 million,” click here.