Working with MS word is basic requirement of any task that needs documentation. You might need to insert page numbers in order to differentiate them and give them a sequence. Here is how you can assign page numbers to your documents in MS Word.
Page numbering MS word In windows
- Choose the desired placement and font style for your page numbers by selecting Insert > Page Number.
- Choose Alternative First Page if you would like that the first page of your document not have a page number.
- Choose Page Number > Format Page Numbers and change the Start at option to 0. This will cause the page numbering to begin at 1 on the second page.
- Press ESC to exit without closing the header and footer.
Page numbering MS word In macOS
- Click the Page Number button on the Insert menu, and then click Page Number.
- Choose an area and then decide on an alignment type. Except from the title page, Word will automatically add page numbers to all of the pages in the document.
- Choose Format and then make your desired formatting selections to alter the numerical style.
- To close both dialogues, press OK twice.
To read our article about “How To pause your Email Inbox at work properly” click here.